This smoked brisket recipe is coated in spicy mustard and a mesquite seasoning, then slow cooked for 15 hours on the Big Green Egg.
Write a review
- One 14-pound USDA prime beef brisket
- 1 bottle Guilden's spicy brown mustard
MESQUITE BBQ RUB
- 4 ounces Lawry's seasoning salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mesquite flavored seasoning mix
- 1-1/4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 1/2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- Coat brisket liberally with the spicy mustard, then cover on both sides with Mesquite BBQ rub. If you don't want to bother making a homemade rub, just buy some at the store that you like.
- Smoke the brisket at 220 F for 15 hours, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 195 F. (Plan on smoking a brisket 1 1/2 hours per pound of meat.)
- Remove from smoker, and let rest 15-30 minutes before slicing. Serve with cole slaw and barbecue sauce on hoagie rolls.
Outdoor Cooking in the Elements http://www.ocelements.com/